DayZ the winner of mod of the year from PC gamer is already close to a beta launch on the standalone version. It is a extreme zombie survival mod coming out of the game ARMA 2 a military combat simulator and now has over 1.5 million players. Some people might mistake this for just another zombie game. Well its not. 1 shot (of a high enough caliber) has a big chance to instantly kill you or knock you out and bleed/get eaten to death. And that 1 shot can come from any of the 59 players on your server.
Recently I have seen some things of winter sales on Xbox LIVE marketplace. And at the same time I started playing some PC games again. Now with my PC gaming I mainly use steam. For people who don’t know, steam started out as a store for valve products (you know makers of Left 4 Dead). Since then it has evolved into a digital store where you can buy pretty much any game. You can even pre-order games, get the pre-order bonuses, pre-load them (download 99% of the game until the game is released and then download the remaining 1% and start playing) and play on the midnight release. You have a friends list, communities which include groups for people who are fan of a certain game, franchise or just a website or whatever you want to make a group for. You can start a voice chat with anyone on your friends list (But I think the number of people in it is limited). You can gift games to friends or family and so much more.