This week we discuss the recent Microsoft news on the dropping of Kinect, changes to Xbox Live Gold, Games for Gold on Xbox One, and much more. We are also joined by VengefulLoki as Rob is out this week for work. Enjoy.
With the Holiday Season approaching, the list of games about to become available will soon keep us busy. So check out some of our recommendations below for both Xbox 360 and Xbox One and get your pre-orders in now so you are ready to go.
Are you ready to put some lead down range? Are you ready to topple buildings? Are you ready to get back on the Battlefield? Battlefield 4 is almost here and you better be ready for more crazy destruction from the guys at DICE.
Battlefield 4 is powered by the advanced technology of DICE’s proprietary Frostbite 3 engine. Blur the line between game and glory in Battlefield 4. With dynamic destructible environments, vehicular combat, and the chaos of all-out-war, Battlefield 4 will be one of the Xbox 360’s most impressive experiences.
In addition to its hallmark multiplayer, Battlefield 4 features an intense, dramatic character-driven campaign that starts with the evacuation of American VIPs from Shanghai and follows your squad’s struggle to find its way home.
There is no comparison. Immerse yourself in the glorious chaos of all-out war, found only in Battlefield.
* Only in Battlefield can you experience Levolution on the Xbox 360, changing the landscape in real-time with interactive environments that react to your every move to ensure no two matches are alike.
* Only in Battlefield will you find the awe-inspiring power of the next generation Frostbite 3 engine, delivering unmatched visual and audio fidelity, superior character animations and dynamic destruction.
* Only in Battlefield can you experience an unmatched level of all-out war that grants you the freedom to play to your strengths and your own path to victory.
* Only in Battlefield do you have the power to dominate land, air and sea with all-new, intense water-based vehicle combat on the Xbox 360.
* Only in Battlefield will you lead your squad in Commander Mode, which lets you take point and turn the tide of battle from both the edge of your seat or on the go with your tablet.BUY ON AMAZON
With the Xbox One on the way, don’t forget you might want an extra controller and you may wish to get a Play and Charge kit as well. Well Microsoft thought of everything and they are offering both in one convenient package at a lower price. This is a $10 savings over buying them seperate. I have one ordered, and wanted to ensure you had yours on order as well. You can use the Amazon link below to be sent directly to the item. Enjoy.BUY ON AMAZON
You can now directly support our show just by using our Amazon link that is on our website.
Click the Amazon box (on the right hand side of our main page) on our site and it will bring up the Amazon.com website that is linked to the TXL Associate account. BOOKMARK that page and always use that to order your Amazon stuff and we will get credit for your purchases. You can also go to http://www.thisxboxlife.com/amazon
We are doing this so that we can start having giveaways of good stuff like Retail Games, Controllers, Gift Cards, etc.
We are going to also start doing a monthly giveaway to reward people who use this link. We will be giving away Amazon Gift Certificates for every month that has enough qualifying purchases. So not only will you support TXL with your normal purchases, but you could get money back from TXL as a reward.
If you have games already pre-ordered, you can cancel them and re-order them via this link so we can get credit for those as well once those items are shipped to you.
Things to know about how this all works.
1) You pay the same low Amazon price.
2) If we get enough orders in a month, Amazon pays us which in turn goes to the community.
3) We can see the orders, but not who placed the order. So if you do order from us and would like to be considered in the Monthly Drawing, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know your Gamertag and the item you ordered so we can confirm your purchase qualifies and add you to the drawing.
4) Qualifying orders means you paid for the item in that month. Pre-orders will count in the month that the item was shipped to you.
If you have any questions, email us and we will be happy to answer your questions.
Thanks for your support.
Are you a fan of Pinball? Are you a fan of Star Wars? Well if you are a fan of either I have some good news. If you are a fan of both, then I have GREAT news. ZEN Studios is bringing some new tables to their fantastic Pinball FX2 platform and this time it will be three Star Wars themed tables. Check out the details and video below.
Use the Force to guide the silver ball in Star Wars Pinball coming to digital stores in just a few short weeks! The first pack of tables includes Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, Boba Fett, and Star Wars: The Clone Wars. We will be unveiling detailed looks at each table in the coming weeks, so be sure to check the Zen Blog or www.starwarspinball.com for the latest Star Wars Pinball updates.
Star Wars Pinball will be available as DLC for the following platforms:
• Pinball FX2™ on Xbox LIVE® Arcade & Windows 8
• Zen Pinball 2™ on PlayStation®Network for PlayStation 3 & PlayStation Vita with Cross Buy entitlement! Purchase once and play on both systems!
• Zen Pinball 2 on the Mac®App Store
• Zen Pinball on the Apple®App Store
• Zen Pinball HD Google Play™
Additionally, Star Wars Pinball will be available for download as standalone application on the Apple®App Store and Google Play™. New platforms will be announced at a later date.
Each table features a different iconic moment from the Star Wars universe, with interactive 3D characters, and unique gameplay. There will be a total of ten themed pinball tables in the Star Wars Pinball collection.
UPDATE: Here is another video from IGN that shows off all the tables. Enjoy.
With some searching, digging and I have emerged with hopeful news from the Hollow. These achievements bear news of the horrors to come once March 19 hits. Grab your chainsaw to take this achievements to nothing but bits. Another great amount of time wasted once again to get them all. With these leaked out, I hope that Judgement is as hard they say; I’ve wanted a gears 1 feel to it again. The fresh blood poured into the game and even fresher ways to dismember the horde. Rev those chainsaws! My take on this is simple…its needed a fresh take on the franchise and with S3, I hope this bread and butter doesn’t get stale.
- They Called Him Karn 10G
- Completed Museum Of Military Glory
Open Arms 10G
- Completed Halvo Bay Military Academy
The Real Thing 10G
- Completed Seahorse Hills
Take Back This City 10G
- Completed Onyx Point
I Told You 10G
- Completed Downtown Halvo Bay
This One’s Not Over 10G
- Completed Courthouse
- Completed Aftermath
- Completed all Campaign Chapters on at least Casual difficulty
Steel Nerves 10G
- Completed all Campaign Chapters on at least Normal difficulty
Iron Fist 25G
- Completed all Campaign Chapters on at least Hardcore difficulty
Lion Heart 50G
- Completed all Campaign Chapters on Insane difficulty
Party People 10G
- Played any section in 4 player Co-Op
Blood Brothers 50G
- Completed all Campaign Chapters in Co-op
Challenge Accepted 5G
- Completed your first Declassified mission
Never Give Up 10G
- Completed at least 20 Declassified missions
Quality Soldiering 50G
- Completed all Declassified missions
A Peek into the Future 10G
Watched Aftermath teaserThe Aftermath 20G
- Unlocked Aftermath
Rising Star 10G
- Attained 50 Stars on at least Casual Difficulty
Shooting Star 20G
- Attained 75 Stars on at least Normal Difficulty
Star Struck 50G
- Attained 100 Stars on at least Hardcore Difficulty
- Attained all Stars on Insane Difficulty
Never Forgotten 10G
- Recovered 10 COG Tags during the Campaign
Veteran Remembrance 10G
- Recovered 25 COG Tags during the Campaign
Respect for the Fallen 20G
- Recovered all 48 COG Tags during the Campaign
Ribbon Master 10G
- Earned 3 unique Ribbons in any section
Proud Wearer 5G
- Equipped your first Medal
Ready For War 20G
- Earned at least one Onyx medal
- Earned the Onyx “War Supporter” medal
Seriously Judgmental 75G
- Completed all Declassified Missions on Insane difficulty
Level 5 5G
- Reached level 5
Level 10 10G
- Reached level 10
Level 20 10G
- Reached level 20
Level 30 15GReached level 30Level 40 25GReached level 40
Level 50 25G
Let’s Do This 50GAchieved level 50 and chose to re-up for another tour of duty
- Reached level 50
- Fearless 50G
- Achieved level 50 a second time and chose to re-up for another tour
- Achieved level 50 a third time and chose to re-up for another tour
Death to Locust 10G
- Killed with all classes of COG in Overrun or Survival
Death to the COG 10G
- Killed with all classes of Locust in Overrun
- Completed wave 10 on all maps in Survival mode
Globe Trotter 10G
- Won a match on every map in all Versus modes
Jack of all Trades 10G
- Won 10 matches of Overrun
Team Leader 10G
- Won 10 rounds of Team Deathmatch
All Rounder 10G
- Won one match in Free For All, Team Deathmatch, and Domination
Roaming Free 10G
- Won one match on every map in Free For All
Team on Tour 10G
- Won one match on every map in Team Deathmatch
- Won one match on every map in Overrun
Won one match on every map in Domination
As announced today, for the people who are fans of Mass Effect and Dead Space there will be an awesome in-game bonus. I know I like free candy, so why not? They created a cool looking armor set for both Issac and Craver to dish out more pain. To attain this is all to easy first you must have played Mass Effect 3 and have a save file too. Then buy and play Dead Space 3. Then BAM! You got yourself a shiny new suit of galactic hardware to stomp Necromorph’s in…For those who forgot or didn’t have a early download code for the Dead Space 3 demo. Fear not! The DS 3 demo will be released tomorrow Jan. 22nd and best of all Co-op is included in this new chapter of terror. Which I have played and can’t wait for some real crafting in the full game release on February 5th North America.
Dead Space has there list of achievements “leaked” out and in due time for February 5th North America and February 8th Europe. An interesting list, I just hope Co-op isn’t just a side installment to it. The crafting has evolved tho and impressed from what I’ve see thus far. Not much for spoilers there but there is sixteen hidden achievements assuming campaign related.
Get On My Level (10 points) – Complete the game on any difficulty setting.
The Explorer (25 points) – Complete all optional missions.
Aren’t You Thankful? (50 points) – Complete the game on Hardcore Mode.
Epic Tier 4 Engineer (40 points) – Complete the game in Classic Mode.
Survivalist (40 points) – Complete the game in Pure Survival Mode.
Gun Collector (25 points) – Collect all Weapon Parts.
The Professor (25 points) – Collect all Artifacts.
The Librarian (25 points) – Collect all Logs.
The Armorer (25 points) – Collect all Circuits.
There’s Always Peng! (50 points) – Find Peng.
My Buddy (10 points) – Retrieve Resources from a Scavenger Bot at a Bench.
Metal Detector (30 points) – Successfully deploy Scavenger Bots to 15 Resource Areas.
Strapped (10 points) – Craft a Weapon.
Circuit’s Edge (10 points) – Add a Circuit to a Weapon.
EMT (25 points) – Craft a Large Med Pack.
Full House (25 points) – Craft a Weapon with 2 Tools, Tips, and Attachments with all Circuit slots filled.
RIG Master (50 points) – Fully upgrade your RIG.
Master Plan (25 points) – Create a Blueprint that needs at least 2000 resources worth of parts and Circuits to build.
From the Jaws (10 points) – Save your Co-Op partner from an execution by killing the attacker.
Share and Share Alike (10 points) – Use the RIG to give an item to your Co-Op partner.
Medic! (10 points) – Revive your Co-Op partner 10 times.
Ghosts of the Past (25 points) – Face all of Carver’s demons by completing all Co-Op only optional missions.
Architect (10 points) – Share a Blueprint with your Co-Op partner.
Axes High (20 points) – Kill 30 enemies using Fodder axes.
Payback (15 points) – Kill a Soldier by TK’ing a grenade or rocket back at them.
Go for the Limbs! (10 points) – Dismember 500 limbs from living enemies.
And Then We Doubled It! (10 points) – Dismember 1000 limbs from living enemies.
Slow Mo (10 points) – Kill 50 enemies while they are in stasis.
Blast Corps (10 points) – Kill 30 enemies with explosion damage.
Shootbang (10 points) – Kill 30 Soldiers with head shots.
Empty Chamber (10 points) – Kill 30 enemies using melee strikes or a melee Weapon Part.
Dropping Acid (10 points) – Dissolve 50 enemies with acid.
Electric Lawnmower (10 points) – Kill 30 enemies using an electrified Ripper blade.
Overpowered Healing (10 points) – Use quick heal to heal yourself 20 times.