This week Sony was first out of the gate with next gen console annoucements so we naturally had to discuss that. Then Mark, Brun, and Jason go on to talk about the latest news and games for the 360.
Recent talks about the latest consoles blocking used games has the gaming world talking again. I know this has been discussed in the past on TXL, but has anyone’s views changed? Should the next console prevent used games or should we just let used games die when consoles go digital only (I say this because I see this happening in the future)?
I’ve listened to multiple podcasts over the past few weeks and it seems that most people are split down the middle. Most of the gamers on the side of not caring bring up the great point of Steam and iOS games. These outlets already prevent used games. I know they are digital only, but millions of gamers are buying up games from these services. Personally I’m on this side of the fence! I’m not a used game buyer or seller. I spend my money on games that I want to keep. If there is a time that I make a mistake and purchase a game that I do not like I still keep it. I don’t think going to a store like GameStop and getting $5.00 for it is worth it.
Some reasons why I think removing used games are the following. Keeping used games around is going to help drive the cost of games higher! We already see this with online passes. Developers want some of the money out of used games so they are adding ways to get your money. One fact is this…if used games were gone so would online passes. Also if used games were gone games may become cheeper! I think this would have to happen. Again I want to use Steam as an example. Games on Steam have multiple price points and sales. The reason is because the developer always gets a piece of the pie. Ask any PC gamer about Steam. They love it. Now the used game market in the PC world does exit, but I don’t hear as many people protesting it.
On the show Wingman709 always brought up a great point of selling what we purchase. I know one big example is used cars. I’ve purchased a used car and even traded in my car to purchase another. Now I agreed with this point until I listened to a recent podcast and found out that the big car companies are in the used car business. The reason why they don’t care as much is because they get a piece of the pie. Now I’m taking this by word, but it makes sense. If this is the case and we want used games to stick around then the publishers/developers would need to get into the used game world, but I really don’t see this happening outside of online passes.
What do you think? Am I completely blind to this topic? I know this is a touchy subject for some, but what will it hurt to block them? What will we see in the next cycle if they do not? Will the Steam Box survive if it releases? All things I would like to hear from you about!
Are you a fan of Pinball? Are you a fan of Star Wars? Well if you are a fan of either I have some good news. If you are a fan of both, then I have GREAT news. ZEN Studios is bringing some new tables to their fantastic Pinball FX2 platform and this time it will be three Star Wars themed tables. Check out the details and video below.
Use the Force to guide the silver ball in Star Wars Pinball coming to digital stores in just a few short weeks! The first pack of tables includes Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, Boba Fett, and Star Wars: The Clone Wars. We will be unveiling detailed looks at each table in the coming weeks, so be sure to check the Zen Blog or www.starwarspinball.com for the latest Star Wars Pinball updates.
Star Wars Pinball will be available as DLC for the following platforms:
• Pinball FX2™ on Xbox LIVE® Arcade & Windows 8
• Zen Pinball 2™ on PlayStation®Network for PlayStation 3 & PlayStation Vita with Cross Buy entitlement! Purchase once and play on both systems!
• Zen Pinball 2 on the Mac®App Store
• Zen Pinball on the Apple®App Store
• Zen Pinball HD Google Play™
Additionally, Star Wars Pinball will be available for download as standalone application on the Apple®App Store and Google Play™. New platforms will be announced at a later date.
Each table features a different iconic moment from the Star Wars universe, with interactive 3D characters, and unique gameplay. There will be a total of ten themed pinball tables in the Star Wars Pinball collection.
UPDATE: Here is another video from IGN that shows off all the tables. Enjoy.
With some searching, digging and I have emerged with hopeful news from the Hollow. These achievements bear news of the horrors to come once March 19 hits. Grab your chainsaw to take this achievements to nothing but bits. Another great amount of time wasted once again to get them all. With these leaked out, I hope that Judgement is as hard they say; I’ve wanted a gears 1 feel to it again. The fresh blood poured into the game and even fresher ways to dismember the horde. Rev those chainsaws! My take on this is simple…its needed a fresh take on the franchise and with S3, I hope this bread and butter doesn’t get stale.
- They Called Him Karn 10G
- Completed Museum Of Military Glory
Open Arms 10G
- Completed Halvo Bay Military Academy
The Real Thing 10G
- Completed Seahorse Hills
Take Back This City 10G
- Completed Onyx Point
I Told You 10G
- Completed Downtown Halvo Bay
This One’s Not Over 10G
- Completed Courthouse
- Completed Aftermath
- Completed all Campaign Chapters on at least Casual difficulty
Steel Nerves 10G
- Completed all Campaign Chapters on at least Normal difficulty
Iron Fist 25G
- Completed all Campaign Chapters on at least Hardcore difficulty
Lion Heart 50G
- Completed all Campaign Chapters on Insane difficulty
Party People 10G
- Played any section in 4 player Co-Op
Blood Brothers 50G
- Completed all Campaign Chapters in Co-op
Challenge Accepted 5G
- Completed your first Declassified mission
Never Give Up 10G
- Completed at least 20 Declassified missions
Quality Soldiering 50G
- Completed all Declassified missions
A Peek into the Future 10G
Watched Aftermath teaserThe Aftermath 20G
- Unlocked Aftermath
Rising Star 10G
- Attained 50 Stars on at least Casual Difficulty
Shooting Star 20G
- Attained 75 Stars on at least Normal Difficulty
Star Struck 50G
- Attained 100 Stars on at least Hardcore Difficulty
- Attained all Stars on Insane Difficulty
Never Forgotten 10G
- Recovered 10 COG Tags during the Campaign
Veteran Remembrance 10G
- Recovered 25 COG Tags during the Campaign
Respect for the Fallen 20G
- Recovered all 48 COG Tags during the Campaign
Ribbon Master 10G
- Earned 3 unique Ribbons in any section
Proud Wearer 5G
- Equipped your first Medal
Ready For War 20G
- Earned at least one Onyx medal
- Earned the Onyx “War Supporter” medal
Seriously Judgmental 75G
- Completed all Declassified Missions on Insane difficulty
Level 5 5G
- Reached level 5
Level 10 10G
- Reached level 10
Level 20 10G
- Reached level 20
Level 30 15GReached level 30Level 40 25GReached level 40
Level 50 25G
Let’s Do This 50GAchieved level 50 and chose to re-up for another tour of duty
- Reached level 50
- Fearless 50G
- Achieved level 50 a second time and chose to re-up for another tour
- Achieved level 50 a third time and chose to re-up for another tour
Death to Locust 10G
- Killed with all classes of COG in Overrun or Survival
Death to the COG 10G
- Killed with all classes of Locust in Overrun
- Completed wave 10 on all maps in Survival mode
Globe Trotter 10G
- Won a match on every map in all Versus modes
Jack of all Trades 10G
- Won 10 matches of Overrun
Team Leader 10G
- Won 10 rounds of Team Deathmatch
All Rounder 10G
- Won one match in Free For All, Team Deathmatch, and Domination
Roaming Free 10G
- Won one match on every map in Free For All
Team on Tour 10G
- Won one match on every map in Team Deathmatch
- Won one match on every map in Overrun
Won one match on every map in Domination